The Hayes Company’s Fireplace Maintenance Services
Fireplace Maintenance Service in Kansas City
Fireplace maintenance is essential to the cleanliness and safety of your fireplace. The Hayes Company team provides high quality fireplace maintenance services to the Kansas City area. We service the brand of gas fireplaces we sell to ensure your system is working safely. Gas fireplaces burn cleanly but still need regular maintenance and service to extend their lifespan. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
Gas Fireplace Service Inspection
The Hayes Company provides thorough, high quality maintenance on your fireplace. We follow many steps to service a gas fireplace including:
- Overall Inspection – We’ll make sure the unit is properly mounted without any gaps or cracks. We’ll also inspect the glass for any loose pains or cracks.
- Check Logs – Artificial logs deteriorate and discolor over time. We’ll check to see if you need replacement logs.
- Gas Ignition Inspection – We’ll test-fire the gas ignition to ensure proper lighting. We also clean the ports and valves and check for any gas leaks.
- Chimney Inspection – Some of the biggest threats to a gas fireplace chimney are ceiling stains, damp patches, and white blotches which are signs of a damaged chimney.
When to Get a Fireplace Serviced
Fireplace service depends on the type of fireplace and its usage. If you regularly use your fireplace, it’s essential to schedule fireplace maintenance once a year. If you only occasionally use your fireplace, we recommend a routine check every two years. It’s critical to replace your carbon monoxide detectors every five years for safety.
What’s Included in Your Fireplace Maintenance Service?
Our gas fireplace maintenance services include:
- Clean and inspect firebox, burn area, and fireplace heat exchanger
- Adjust valve pressure
- Clean and adjust pilot light and logs
- Inspect chimney for any issues
- Test for gas leaks
- Tighten all connections
- Inspect seal and clean glass
Fireplace Service Appointment Expectations
We’re ready to ensure your gas fireplace is working at optimal levels. A typical fireplace service appointment lasts about 45 to 90 minutes. The technician will perform a full inspection, cleaning, and make any adjustments. If any replacement parts are needed, we’ll recommend the best for your type of fireplace and install it at that time if possible.
Contact The Hayes Company Today
Our experienced team has access to industry-leading materials and tools for superior fireplace installation, remodels, and maintenance. You can also count on us for insulation, closets, and mirror installations. Contact us today to schedule a free estimate on your home renovation projects.