Garage insulation can have a significant impact on the efficiency of your home. The Hayes Company is proud to insulate garages in Kansas City, MO and Nashville, TN as well as the surrounding areas. We have provided extensive insulation solutions for homeowners while gaining a reputation for exceptional service and installation. Most individuals think of insulation as a necessity just for walls and attics, but garage insulation can benefit your overall home comfort. In addition to reducing heat transfer and keeping the interior of your garage comfortable, it can reduce noise, among other benefits. Call our team of insulation contractors to request a review of your home. We will gladly examine your garage and explain how effective garage insulation can help your home’s comfort issues. We provide free estimates for insulation for detached garages and attached.
Garage Insulation Can Improve Your Home’s Efficiency
Help protect your belongings, your home’s structure, and your peace of mind with effective garage insulation. Much like wall and attic insulation, garage insulation helps limit heat transfer into and out of finished space. Not only will this affect your garage and the belongings stored in it, but it will positively impact your adjoining home. Garage insulation serves as an additional barrier between you and the elements, keeping you comfortable inside. And installing garage ceiling insulation gives a room above your garage an extra layer of warmth.
Types of Garage Insulation
Several types of insulation can be used in a garage and we will help you choose the best insulation for your garage. It can be applied similarly to wall insulation and, in some cases, more simply. There are not always drywall or framing barriers that hinder an insulation contractor’s ability to complete the task. This makes it convenient to install different types of insulation:
- Spray foam insulation – For air sealing and insulating benefits, you may opt for spray foam insulation to insulate your garage. Once applied, spray foam insulation needs to be covered by a thermal barrier such as drywall.
- Fiberglass insulation – The Hayes Company can install fiberglass insulation in the form of precut batts that fit between ceiling joists and wall studs. Additionally, we can use fiberglass for blown-in insulation in finished spaces above ceilings or behind walls.
- Cellulose insulation – Loose-fill cellulose can be installed behind plastic sheeting or other similar material.
Benefits of Garage Insulation
Home insulation is all about improving energy efficiency and maintaining consistent temperatures, but garage insulation has a unique set of advantages. While it still impacts energy efficiency, it is used differently because your garage is frequently exposed to outdoor temperatures. Benefits of garage insulation include:
- Year-round use– Homeowners are increasingly using their garages as extensions of their homes. Proper insulation can help keep you comfortable if you use your garage to exercise, socialize, or work.
- Plumbing protection – If pipes run through your garage to your laundry room, kitchen, or bathroom, cold temperatures can cause them to freeze. Garage insulation can reduce your pipes’ vulnerability to freezing.
- Noise reduction – Garage insulation is another barrier between the noises from a bustling road or neighborhood and you.