In addition to the energy savings you will see by upgrading insulation, local incentives make an insulation upgrade even more appealing! Here are some local energy incentives:
Prairie Village grant program
- The City will provide a 25% match for energy efficiency improvements for one-and two-family dwellings with a minimum $2,000 investment by the property owner or a 50% match with a minimum $1,000 for an insulation-only project.
- Reimbursement amounts from the City will be a minimum of $500 and a maximum of $2,500.
- Energy-saving improvements must meet the 2021 International Energy Conservation Code and/or the attached project specifications, whichever results in the greatest energy efficiency.
- Full program details can be found here: Residential Sustainability Grant, City of Prairie Village
Merriam grant program
- The program will provide a 30 percent reimbursement for energy saving improvements upon completion.
- Minimum $2,000 investment by property owner.
- Reimbursement amount = minimum $600; maximum $3,000.
- Eligible improvements include but are not limited to: Home Energy Audit (blower door audit) by certified auditor, solar power, wind power, energy efficient HVAC and/or water heather, energy efficient windows and/or doors, insulation, geothermal heating and cooling, duct sealing.
- Energy saving improvements must meet the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code.
- Work bids, including all project specification sheets, must be submitted prior to application approval.
- Once the City approves your project, work must begin within 120 days.
- Grant money will be available until all $65,000 has been allocated.
- After all funding has been allocated, a waiting list will be created for qualifying applications.
- Full program details can be found here: Residential Sustainability Grant, City of Merriam